Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Last spring was our 1st in our little retirement home. We have a nice size privacy fenced back yard and Mac wanted a picnic table so we could eat outside when he bar b qued for family and friends when they stopped by. Having the time, since he was retired, and wanting a project, he decided he would do it himself and build his own picnic table. So he turned on his computer and surfed the net and came up with clear instructions in how to build a picnic table. He followed the instructions and it came out wonderful and we have and are enjoying eating out on that picnic table.

Do it yourself is not a new concept. For as long as I can remember there have been do it yourself books that offer us instructions in how to do anything from how to plant a garden to what have you. Today you don’t even have to buy a book, just surf the net.

Do it yourself goes way, way, way back. Back to before the beginning of mankind.

Let’s read a little recorded history lesson concerning the beginning of do it yourself. This history story tells of the 1st do it yourselfer. It begins with a top angel, the devil, also called Lucifer (bright and shining one) or Satan.

Isaiah 14:13 You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars (angels) of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; .
I will make myself like the Most High."

Notice that last declaration and you will see that the devil himself was the 1st do it yourselfer. HE was determined to be independent of GOD and to do it himself. The devil’s heart was set on exalting himself and his great deception for himself is the very thing he tempted Eve with, “you will be like the Most High” Genesis 3:5 It is the great deception.

*******Now listen to the heart of GOD as HE speaks concerning the remnant, the children of Israel and of keeping HIS promise to their ancestors.
33"They have turned their back to Me and not their face; though I taught them, teaching again and again, they would not listen and receive instruction. 34"But they put their detestable things in the house which is called by My name, to defile it. 35"They built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-hinnom to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I had not commanded them nor had it entered My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

The Most High GOD’s chosen people believed the deceiver’s great deception that they are like GOD and knew best and turned away from GOD, refusing GOD’s instructions and flaunted their sins in HIS face. They did things for themselves even created their own gods and then they even offered their own children as sacrifices to their own gods… as many do today through abortion to the god of self. Yet GOD says:

Jeremiah 32:37"Behold, I will gather them out of all the lands to which I have driven them in My anger, in My wrath and in great indignation; and
I will bring them back to this place and make them dwell in safety.
38"They shall be My people, and I will be their God;
39and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.
40"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that
I will not turn away from them, but do them good;
and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.
41"I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land
with all My heart and with all My soul.
44'… for I will restore…' declares the LORD."

Both the Most High GOD over all creation and the evil one, the devil, have declared I will do certain things. Their I wills show what is in their hearts. Sometimes you and I utter those very words…. I will

As the devil spoke in his heart, he revealed that he is all for himself. His great deception, that he would be independent and like the Most High GOD, is the very thing that he tempted Eve with in the garden (Genesis 3: 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.")

On the other hand, the LORD GOD Almighty Creator of heaven and earth and all that is within them is for us with all HIS heart and with all HIS soul.

JESUS said that the greatest command is to love the LORD our GOD with all our hearts and with all our souls and with all our strength and the 2nd command is like it: to love our neighbors as ourselves. Here in Jeremiah 32 we see that is just how HE , the Creator of the universes loves each of us who have defied HIS authority and instructions. Doesn’t that just blows you away? It does me!
hugs
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment