Monday, April 5, 2010

taking the stairs one step at a time


A baby coos, then crawls, then walks and then runs.... going from level to level to level.. like you might climb up one stair at a time. It amazes me that in our Christian walk we expect to go from birth to running without the in between steps.

I have been a Christian a long, long time and still GOD will show me things wrong i was not aware of. These things HE wants me to hand to HIM. At times I wondered how could GOD have been using me if this was there all this time?

I have learned that like a baby, GOD views me right with HIM as I am not in deliberate known sin. HE doesn't expect a kindergartener to do geometry.

I find it amazing that GOD can fill and use me and then show me something that was there all the time that was wrong. Then if I turn it over to HIM, HE changes me and then fills and uses me and then shows me something that was there all along that is wrong. Again if I turn it over to HIM HE cleanses and changes me and on and on the cycle.

II Corinthians 3:18 and the HOLY SPIRIT changes is into JESUS' likeness from glory to glory.

So is not being perfect but living up to that which we know that counts for power.

Philippians 3: 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

hugs
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I agree, life is such a learning process, and we all make mistakes and thankfully Jesus forgives us.
    hugs
    Amy

    ReplyDelete