Saturday, September 18, 2010

you do the same things


Romans 2:1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

When I 1st began to see that truth I was horrified at it's implications. But now this verse is a tool. When I see something wrong in another I stop and ask how do I do this (not necessarily the same exact thing but the same kind of thing)

I remember when the LORD was began speaking to me about my stubbornness...
HE used Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you. 9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

GOD was telling me that HE wanted to instruct and teach me, HE wanted to counsel and protect me, but I needed to learn to listen carefully and obey HIS instruction regardless if I agreed or understood why.

What came across were the words I have made bold. I saw that GOD was speaking of stubbornness. But I refused to acknowledge, even to myself, that I could be stubborn. Rather I reasoned, "I am not stubborn so this must apply to Mac cause he really is stubborn. GOD must want me to pray for his stubbornness"

Don't get me wrong, Mac was stubborn but GOD show me his stubborness so I would see how hateful stubbornness is. By neglecting/ refusing to check myself for stubborness and rejecting the entire idea that I could even be stubborn I delayed/ blocked my own growth in that area and also opened the door/ caused myself much hardship and many trials for GOD had to do things (control me with a bit and bridle) to get me to go the way I needed to go.

Praise the LORD for HIS gentle longsuffering, HE didn't leave me but stayed right by my stubborn side. Yet HE had to put restraints on me that would not have been necessary if I had listened to what HE was saying more clearly and examined myself.

So now when I see a fault in another, I obey GOD's command in Galations 6: 1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch(consider, check) yourself, or you also may be tempted.

1st I stop and ask GOD if that fault lies in me and where then and only then after I deal with the log in my own eye, I am able to help my sister remove the splinter in her eye.

hugs
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment