Tuesday, January 20, 2015

struggles



Today I read an email from a gal listing trouble upon trouble.  Will you pray with me for her?
LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, nothing is too hard for YOU, please encourage YOUR daughter.  LORD, I confess that it is too easy for us humans to look at our troubles instead of YOUR promises. Forgive us. GOD of all comfort, Comfort this one as YOU have comforted me when I believed I must have been a bad mom and blamed myself for what my kids were doing;  I remember how clearly YOU said, "look at MY kids.  Does that make ME a bad DAD?"
GOD  all hope fill this one with all joy and peace in believing in YOU, that she may overflow in hope by the power of the Holy SPIRIT according to YOUR word in Romans 15:13   If we focus on her situation and her temporary problems it is more than any can endure but YOU say, don't focus on your problems but 
1: focus on JESUS the author and perfecter of our faith and consider what HE endured and how HE overcame Hebrews 12:2-4 
2: focus on the reality that I (the Sovereign, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY am achieving for you through them.  2 Corinthians 4:15-18
YOUR ways are not ours for YOU tell us 
1:to rejoice when we face trials of many kinds for they are developing endurance in us James 1:2-4
2:YOU say that we are to greatly rejoice, though now for a little while we may have  to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that our faith, which is of greater value than gold. may be proved genuine and may result in praise,glory and honor when JESUS CHRIST is revealed.  Though we have not seen HIM, we love HIM; and even though we do not see HIM now, we believe in HIM  I Peter 1:6-8
But that is so hard LORD, help!  Hebrews 4:14-16  LORD GOD we come before YOU wanting to do YOUR will as stated in YOUR word so we claim YOUR promise. Help us to give thanks in all things according to YOUR command in I Thessalonians 5:18 for YOU promise in I Thessalonians 5:24 that YOU will do it for us if we ask.We come in the name of JESUS, asking YOU to help this lady as YOU helped me.
How well I remember how black the world seemed to be and how YOUR promises seemed to mock me and declare that YOU lied. I had to quote aloud many times that YOU were not a man that YOU would lie or change YOUR mind. Numbers 23:19  But through it all YOU taught me that YOU are there and will work all things together for an end result of good for us who love YOU.  Romans 8:28 
How I rejoiced when some of that comfort YOU gave me during awful periods of pain and struggles, things far beyond my ability to endure overflowed by enabling me to comfort and lead another to YOU.  I still feel that incredible joy when I think of it or when my pain bring understanding that helps another.  Thank YOU for the promise that if I suffer I will be given opportunities to comfort others that are suffering.  I Praise YOUR holy name.  2 Corinthians 1:4,7
Thank YOU LORD for loving us and listening to us and for all that YOU are and will do for this hurting lady. 
praying, 
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment